Now in its tenth year, Balstock music festival is fast approaching! Running on the 11th, 12th and 13th of September, they are pleased to announce The St. Thomas Lupus Trust as their chosen charity for this year’s festival.
Lupus is a complex and poorly understood condition that affects many parts of the body and causes symptoms ranging from mild to life-threatening. For reasons not yet understood, the immune system in people with Lupus starts to attack and inflame healthy cells, tissue and organs. The charity relies solely upon donations from the public and companies and also on legacies to help them continue their vital and pioneering lupus research. They receive no NHS or Government funding. See http://www.lupus.org.uk/ for more information.
80% of all funds raised through Balstock will go to the charity and the remaining 20% back into the festival to ensure it can continue year on year as Balstock itself is also run by volunteers. Please note that all band slots are now full, but more volunteers are always crucial, so please get in touch via firstname.lastname@example.org if you are free to offer any help over the weekend.
In the meantime, find us on Facebook, Twitter (@Balstock) and Instagram (Balst0ck) or at www.balstock.co.uk to keep up to date!
Please do not post slot requests for your band in the comments. Use the Play section and fill in the form provided :)